on this subject
Pre-Admission Testing and Pre-op Clearance
At the INSTITUTE FOR ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY (IOS), we believe your time
is important. That's why we make pre-admission testing easy and convenient
with all pre-surgery testing done at one facility in as little time as possible.
Pre-Op Testing Made Easy
- Arrive at the INSTITUTE FOR ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY and enter
through the Main Entrance automatic doors, go into the first door on
your right (surgery registration/lab work).
- Go to Registration window where registration personnel will assist you with
the registeration process.
- Complete lab work (on-site).
- Go to the Radiology Department (on-site) to have a chest x-ray.
- Proceed to the Pre-Admission Testing Department where a nurse will conduct the patient's history and EKG. If you are a total joint patient, you will be screened for Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus or MRSA, a type of infection.
- Based upon your test results and physical findings, your surgeon may have you see your Primary Care Physician or Specialty Physician for surgical clearance.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Marian Raines, RN, at 419-224-7586
...back to Getting Ready for Surgery